To all Club Coaches
Northern Ireland Fencing Ltd (NIF) is compiling a list of qualified coaches in accordance with the rules laid down by British Fencing Association (BFA)
Only coaches that comply with the regulations will be insured by BFA to coach, if you continue to coach you will not be covered by BFA insurance and you will have to seek an alternative policy. Any club continuing to use a coach that does not appear on the coaches register and who does not have valid insurance cover will also invalidate their club insurance with BFA.
Requirements and how to meet them.
To become an NIF registered coach you must:
- Be a member of NIF or another Home Country but working in Northern Ireland (via BFA)
- Hold a valid certificate of passing a NIF Coach Assessment (or a valid coaching award from an alternative recognised body at home or abroad).
- Hold a current First Aid certificate – less than 3 years old This only has to be a basic 1st Aid course
- Hold a certificate of attendance from a valid Safeguarding & Protecting Children course (less than 3 years old)
- Hold an AccessNI Enhanced Disclosure Certificate with NI Fencing Ltd as the registered body. Please DO NOT send a copy of your Access NI certificate, NIF do not hold copies we will have a record of a certificate number and date of completion if the disclosure has been requested by NI Fencing
If you require help in obtaining any of the above courses or you require an Access NI certificate please contact Alison at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org If there is enough demand NI Fencing Ltd will attempt to run the required course but I can also put you in contact with the relevant Sports Development Officer.