NI Fencing Travel Fund
NI Fencing Ltd is pleased to announce that for the first time we are able to offer a travel fund to eligible fencers in N.I. Thanks to the efforts of all those involved in NI Fencing and in particular to the hard work of our Clubs we have been able to ring-fence sufficient funds to be able to support our high performance athletes.
The purpose of the travel bursary will be to aid our fencers who are competing at the highest levels. To that end the bursary will assist with travel costs incurred at World Cup or European Cadet Competitions.
NIF Ltd will be able to support a maximum of 8 applications in the 2012/13 competition cycle.
- A Fencer applying must a current member of NI Fencing, be over 16 on the 1st of Jan 2012 and have taken part in at least 1 NI open competition in the 2011/12 cycle.
- Fencers applying should be of international standard i.e. taking part in European competitions as a result of selection byGreat BritainorIreland.
- When applying for the fund a specific competition should be the set target e.g. selection for European/World Championships or European Cadet/ World Cup events.
- Only 1 successful application may be made by the same individual in any competition cycle.
- The maximum value of the bursary will be £250.
- To help the Board evaluate performance, a brief report on fencing outcomes at the event must be provided to the Board. Failure to submit the report will result in non-eligibility for funding in the subsequent competition cycle.
An application (no more than 1 A4 page) outlining why the candidate should receive funding in line with the criteria above should be sent to the NIF Company Secretary Ms Maureen Kerr firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration by the board. Please note that this award is not applicable to the veteran categories.
The Mary Peters Trust
The Mary Peters Trust will not accept individual requests, nor applications without NI Fencing Ltd support. As a consequence, in September NI Fencing Ltd submits its nominations to the Mary Peters Trust Awards, via its Liaison Officer (Mr Mike Westgate). NI Fencing Ltd will support only a limited number of applications (maximum 6) in any given funding cycle, the following criteria are applied and fulfill the criteria set by the Mary Peters Trust. Application forms can be obtained from Mr Mike Westgate, anyone wishing to be considered must have the forms to Mike Westgate no later than July 20th.
1) NI Fencing Ltd will only nominate fencers under 18 years old and over 14.
2) Fencers nominated should be international standard ie taking part in European competitions as a result of selection by Great Britain or Ireland.
3) A specific competition should be the set target e.g. selection for European/World Championships or European Cadet/ World Cup events.
Please note – University Fencers should look at the Sports Awards offered by their University.