Sport NI are currently offering a Level 2 Mental Health Training Course known as ‘Reaching out through Sport’ to sports clubs free of charge. See below further details on the course including booking information.
Level 2: Reaching Out Through Sport Mental Health Course | Sport NI
The course focuses on building wellbeing into the club environment.
Example topics covered:
- Defining and understanding mental health and mental ill health – understanding the health continuum and how the club can play a part in overall wellbeing;
- Tackling stigma and barriers to reaching out for help – both within a club setting and personal frame of reference, providing solutions to tackle same;
- Risk factors and symptoms for mental ill health – becoming aware of what to look out for and how the club can contribute to intervention;
- What can help/recovery – looking at the club role in recovery and support wellbeing;
- Club approach to raising awareness and support for club members; and
- Where to get help and self-help strategies – accessing services.
Workshops are free of charge and are delivered either face to face or online via Zoom. They are designed to be attended by 8-16 members of an individual club.
If clubs are interested in arranging a workshop, please contact [email protected] including the name, club name, email address and contact number.